With COVID-19 spreading rapidly, we find ourselves in unknown and unexpected circumstances. Right now, the health of our customers, staff and the broader public remains at the forefront for everyone at The Local Choice Pharmacy. We are cognisant of the fact that retail pharmacists are the most easily accessible and most frequently visited health professionals and we do not take this responsibility lightly.
Here are some of the steps we are taking to ensure we do our part in flattening the curve:
• We would like to guarantee you that we are doing everything we can to ensure the safe dispensing of medication.
• All our staff have constant access to hand sanitiser and soap and they are encouraged to use surgical masks and gloves. They have been informed of the WHO-advised 20 second handwashing technique. Not only do they use this technique when washing their own hands, but they are also sharing the information with pharmacy customers.
• All surfaces, such as countertops, are routinely sanitized with disinfectants to ensure the safety of the customers.
• Furthermore, customers are advised to maintain at least 1 metre distance between each other. We also request that customers wash or sanitise their hands before and after touching anything in the pharmacy.
• Naturally, we are experiencing an incredibly high demand for items such as hand sanitisers, hand wash, immune boosters and thermometers.
• We are working hard to ensure that stock is replenished as often as possible.
• Please be patient with the pharmacy staff as we work with our suppliers to ensure that we can meet the demand.
• Other than the measures mentioned above, we rely on customers to remain educated about the virus, how it spreads and what its symptoms are.
• For the sake of containing any further spread, particularly to people vulnerable to illness, please do not visit the pharmacy If you are sick or have a fever.
• Rather send a family member to go the pharmacy on your behalf, or phone the pharmacist to discuss your options.