Trusted prices – our commitment to affordability
Local Choice pharmacies are committed to cost-effective and affordable pricing on medicine as well as other products, including vitamins, sports supplements and beauty products. View our promotions page to see which products are on special.
Local Choice pharmacies are registered as preferred providers for most medical schemes. Our medicine is dispensed at the rates as prescribed by these medical schemes. Therefore, prescriptions are paid at rates in accordance with benefits as stipulated in the various schemes.
Co-payments and script levies
Most medical schemes has a preferred medicine formulary (a list of preferred drugs or medicine) for most ailments. Patients should, however, familiarise themselves with their medical scheme’s formularies and price rules. These scheme rules usually stipulate a compulsory co-payment or levy on original drugs. Remember to ask our pharmacists to advise you on the most cost-effective options available so that your chronic benefits will last longer.
The pharmacists at each Local Choice Pharmacy, assisted by passionate and knowledgeable assistants, continuously aim to provide:
- Quality medicines and related health care products
- Professional and trusted medical advice
- Personalised clinic services and
- Assistance with medical aid claims
- Your first point of entry to pharmaceutical advice and care
Your first point of entry to pharmaceutical advice and care.
The pharmacist at your Local Choice Pharmacy store:
- Has links with other health professionals, e.g. GPs, to provide the best support to you
- Provides general health advice and support with chronic disease management
- Ensures the quality of the products sold at the pharmacy
- Counsels patients on the appropriate use of medication
- Provides clinic services
- Is informed of any health risks and/or warnings that the community should be aware of
- Gathers information regarding medicines and health issues through membership of the Pharmacy Board.
General ClinicBlood pressure
Cholesterol Testing (total and HDL)
Blood Glucose Test
BMI – Body mass index
Peak Flow – asthma and pulmonary diseases (great screening test)
Emergency Nebulizing facility
Vaccines such as flu and Pneumovax for the aged and frail
Phlebotomy services (insurance and at doctor’s requests)
School Health – supplement advice, hygiene (lice and scabies). Advice and vaccine administering such as immunoglobulin in case of measles or meningitis outbreak. DOH support.(Notifiable conditions)
Basic emergency – sprains and aches, asthma follow up after doctor’s visits, nebulizing facility
First aid kits – choose one that’s right for you.
General nutrition & deficiency
Chronic disease follow up and management
Reproductive Health ServicesFamily planning [Selected Locations]
STI testing and condom use
Pregnancy tests and nutritional advice during pregnancy
General nutrition & deficiency management
STI follow-up and management (HPT, STD’s, HIV etc.)
Baby Wellness, incl nutritional advice and FTT (failure to thrive charts) and Growth charts
Scholar Health – Supplement advice, Hygiene (Lice and scabies).
Immunizations and additional vaccine administering such as Immunoglobulin in case of Measles or Meningitis outbreak. DOH support. (Notifiable conditions)