Last updated: 18 December 2017
- Your privacy is very important to us and therefore any information that you upload on our website will be stored on a secure server. Our secure server encrypts your identity number and payment card details in order to minimise the risk of unauthorised disclosure or interception. Our website makes use of ‘cookies’ which collect data about the device that you use to access our website. The cookies minimise the possibility of unauthorised access to, and disclosure of, your personal information. We will not disclose, sell or rent your personal information to third parties without your consent unless we are compelled to do so by law.
- Whilst all reasonable efforts are taken to ensure that your personal information and/or credit card details are protected as they travel over the internet, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of any information you exchange with us.
- You may visit the website without providing any personal information. The website servers will in such instances collect the IP address of your computer, but not the email address or any other distinguishing information. This information is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent at the website, pages viewed, etc. The Local Choice uses this information to determine the use of the website, and to improve the content thereon.
- The payment pages that The Local Choice will use are hosted in a PCI-DSS secure DMZ. It is protected as prescribed by the PCI-DSS standards version 2.
- The transport of all data is encrypted by a SSL Thawte certificate which creates a secure https:// link between the cardholder and the payment pages.
- Any credit card would be asked for 3D secure enrolment if not already enrolled with the issuer to process transactions with authentication from the cardholder issuing bank.
- No card entry would be possible on the The Local Choice web shopping cart as all card traffic will be securely posted to the payment pages.
- No credit card data will be stored.
- No unauthorized access to the payment pages site will be permitted. Only The Local Choice as a known entity will be allowed to direct encrypted payloads to the Payment pages.